Magento 2 SEO Page Title Overwrite.
About SEO PAGE TITLE OVERWRITE FOR MAGENTO 2.
This extension allows you to rewrite products and categories page titles, which greatly improves SEO results. By rewriting only the H1 tags you don’t have to worry about awkwardly long titles for your products or categories.
How to Install the Extension:
Before installing SEO Page Title Overwrite Extension on a Magento 2 store please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.2.5. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
app/code/WeltPixel/Backend ( download Backend from HERE if missing )
Access the root of your magento 2 project from command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_TitleRewrite --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
Woohoo, the extension is installed!
HOW TO USE THE EXTENSION.
Change H1 Title on product pages
In order to use this extension go to your catalog, open detail view for products and you will find a new field named ‘Product Name Rewrite’ just under product name.
You can use a Product Name that will be visible only in your store, and a rich long SEO friendly Rewrite Name for your product that will be indexed by search engines.
This way your product names will be SEO friendly but in your store you will be able to use a shorter commercial name under ‘Product Name’.
Example: Product Name Rewrite (seo friendly) : ‘SEO Page Title Overwrite Extension for Magento 2 | Improve your SEO score on Magento 2 | WeltPixel Agency’ and Product Name (displayed in your store): ‘ Page Title Overwrite ’.
Change H1 Title on category pages
The same for categories, open category details and you will find a new field named ‘Category Name Rewrite’ just under the category name.
You can use a rich long SEO friendly category name rewrite that will be indexed by search engines, and category name you want visible in your store. Example: Category Name rewrite (seo friendly): 'Woman Clothes Winter Collection 2016, Hand Tailored in the USA' and Category Name (displayed in your store): 'Woman'.
Features of the Extension.
- Better SEO score - Rewrite page titles and use SEO friendly description for your products and categories
- Boost search results - Provide search engines descriptive long tail keywords for products and category page names
- Reduce bounce rate - Customers will be able to find the products they are looking for
- Improved aesthetics - By overriding only the H1 tags you don’t have to worry about awkwardly long titles for your products or categories
- Easy to use - Easily fill in the commercial title and the SEO title on product / category details
What's new in v.1.7.1 - July 11, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 both Open Source & Commerce Cloud B2B.
- Added domain.test & [any_subdomain].domain.test to the list of valid urls for staging/development environments. Added domain validation with port number included for licensing purpose.
- Added licensing compatibility with Magento B2B.
What’s new in v.1.7.0 - July 5, 2018
- Added option to enable/disable WeltPixel admin notifications.
- Show store and server related information under debugging tab: Magento Mode, Magento Edition, Server User, Magento Installation Path, Current server time, Latest cron jobs.
- Added licensing, license key needs to be generated under weltpixel.com account for purchased product, based on domain name and added under your magento installation.
What’s new in v.1.6.4 - May 16, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.4, logger broken reference fix, changed to rewrite from plugin.
What’s new in version 1.6.0 - March 1st, 2018
Title rewrite custom attribute visibility removed from Product Page more details in magento 2.2.x.
What’s new in v.1.5.8 - January 12, 2018
- Added version control for installed WeltPixel modules, including latest version check.
What’s new in v.1.5.7 - December 14, 2017
- Added Support Center functionality in Magento Admin.
- Added Debugger functionality, checks for rewrites and points potential issues.
What’s new in v.1.5.3 - September 20, 2017
- Checked compatibility with Magento 2.2 and PHP7.1 - all ok, updated composer.
What’s new in version 1.0.3 - May 16, 2017
- Added translations files under /i18n/en_US.csv.
What’s new in v.1.0.2 - 10/10/2016
- Composer dependency version changes
What’s new in v.1.0.0 - 26/09/2016
- Initial release