Magento 2 Google XML Sitemap.
ABOUT THE MAGENTO 2 XML SITEMAP EXTENSION FOR GOOGLE.
Our Magento 2 sitemap extension dynamically generates XML sitemaps to help search engines crawl and index your store faster!
Google has specific rules for sitemap generation settings and failing to obey them can drastically affect SEO performance. It’s essential to have your sitemaps built automatically with the help of a Magento XML sitemap generator. WeltPixel’s extension meets all search engine requirements, including Google. Plus, faster indexing of new pages will shorten the time it takes your products to appear in Google!
Our Magento sitemap generator gives you granular control over the visibility of each product, category, and CMS page within. It also allows you to add custom URLS into the sitemap - even those not included in the default Magento sitemap. You will have full control over attributes like store-view, priority, change frequency, and update date.
By using this user friendly Magento 2 extension you can dynamically exclude products, categories, and pages from the sitemap file. This is helpful for pages required in your store that you don’t want indexed by search engines.Include any links in your sitemaps:
Google XML Sitemap for Magento 2 allows to include/exclude links from various locations:
- Category pages.
- Product pages.
- CMS pages.
- Custom URLs.
You can configure detailed settings like storeview, priority, update date and change frequency. You can set the values specifically for each group of links: Products, Categories, CMS pages, and individually for each Custom URL. The more appropriate settings you have, the more Google trusts your site!
FEATURES OF THE MAGENTO 2 XML SITEMAP EXTENSION FOR GOOGLE.
- Faster indexation of your store content - better SEO score.
- Configure frequency updates - for each type of page CMS, Product, Category, Custom URL.
- Individual Product control - control what Products you want to be included/excluded from sitemap
- Individual Category control - control what Categories you want to be included/excluded from sitemap.
- Individual CMS Pages control - control what CMS Pages you want to be included/excluded from sitemap.
- Add unlimited custom URLs - full control over each URL’s priority, store-view, change frequency & update date.
- Dynamic generated sitemap - once configured, always up to date.
- Increase conversions & reduce bounce rate - allow search engines to index the appropriate elements of your store in order to reduce bounce rate & improve conversions.
- Reduce return rate - help buyers find the best product for them using specific relevant information already indexed in search engines using your advanced sitemap.
- Easy to use - no coding needed.
- Best practice coding - extending the functionality of the default Magento 2 XML sitemap.
1 MINUTE INSTALLATION GUI.
Before installing please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.3.4. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Copy the installation GUI folder 'weltpixel-extension-installation' in the root of your Magento installation. In some Magento configurations the public root folder may be under 'pub' directory.
In your browser go to www.yourmagentostore.com/weltpixel-extension-installation/ and simply follow the installation steps from the graphical interface, presented in your browser. See the installation video: 1 Minute Module Installation via browser GUI.
Wooohooo! The extension is now installed on your Magento store! Congrats!
If you experienced any issues or limitations with this quick GUI installation, see also SSH Installation below. SSH installation does the same thing but you are required to issue the commands step by step via CLI. Some servers may have high security configurations and may limit the functionality of this GUI Installer.
How to Install via SSH.
Before installing Google XML Sitemap Extension on a Magento 2 store please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.3.4. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Access the root of your magento 2 project from command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Sitemap --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
Woohoo, the extension is installed!
How to Upgrade the extension.
- Step 1. Remove extension code under app/code/WeltPixel/Sitemap before adding the new extension files. The extension may be refactored and old unused files may cause random issues so it's best to only keep the latest version of the files.
- Step 2. Follow normal installation instructions above.
How to Configure the Extension
How to Create a Sitemap in Magento?
Go to Marketing -> SEO & Search -> Site Map and add your sitemap by clicking on "Add Sitemap" button
- Select the name for your sitemap, example: sitemap.xml
- Select the path for your sitemap, example: "/sitemap/" or "/" for base path (path must be writeable)
How to Setup and Configure a Sitemap in Magento?
Go to Stores -> Configuration -> Catalog -> XML Sitemap and configure default settings for your sitemap.
- a. Select Frequency and Priority for each type of page in your store: Category Pages, Product Pages, CMS Pages.
How frequently the page is likely to change. This value provides general information to search engines and may not correlate exactly to how often they crawl the page. Valid values are:
- always / hourly / daily / weekly / monthly / yearly / never
The value "always" should be used to describe documents that change each time they are accessed. The value "never" should be used to describe archived URLs.
Please note that the value of this tag is considered a hint and not a command. Even though search engine crawlers may consider this information when making decisions, they may crawl pages marked "hourly" less frequently than that, and they may crawl pages marked "yearly" more frequently than that. Crawlers may periodically crawl pages marked "never" so that they can handle unexpected changes to those pages.Priority
The priority of the URL relative to other URLs on your site. Valid values range from 0.0 to 1.0. This value does not affect how your pages are compared to pages on other sites—it only lets the search engines know which pages you deem most important for the crawlers. The default priority of a page is 0.5.
Please note that the priority you assign to a page is not likely to influence the position of your URLs in a search engine's result pages.
Search engines may use this information when selecting between URLs on the same site, so you can use this tag to increase the likelihood that your most important pages are present in a search index.
Also, please note that assigning a high priority to all of the URLs on your site is not likely to help you. Since the priority is relative, it is only used to select between URLs on your site.
b. Configuring sitemap generation settings
- Enable - [ Yes / No ] - this option enable sitemap generation. Make sure cronjobs are setup on your server in order for this automated task to be triggered.
- Start time - set the time when sitemap generation should start
- Frequency - set how often you want your sitemap to be updated
- Error email recepient - configure an email where you should receive potential error reports
- Error email sender - configure store default sender of the email
- Error email template - configure store default template for the email
- Maximum No of URLs per file - set the maximum number of URLs in sitemap.
- Maximum file size - set sitemap file size in bytes
- Enable submission to Robots.txt - [ Yes / No ] - if enabled sitemap will be included in robots.txt file of your store, facilitating search engines to faster discover it.
How to Customize Your Magento Sitemap Using Google XML Sitemap?
a. Exclude from sitemap particular CMS Pages you do not want indexed in search engines
Go to Content -> Pages -> Edit Page -> WeltPixel Options -> Exclude from Sitemap -> Yes
This option is useful when you want to exclude certain CMS Pages from sitemap. Ex: ‘404 Not Found Page’ makes no sense to be indexed by google, you do not want your customers there.
- Go to Content -> Pages -> Edit Page -> WeltPixel Options -> Exclude from Sitemap -> Yes
b. Exclude from sitemap particular Product Pages you do not want indexed in search engines
Go to Products -> Catalog -> Edit Product -> WeltPixel Options -> Exclude from Sitemap -> Yes
This option is useful when you want to exclude certain Product Pages from sitemap. Ex: maybe you have a lookbook where your products can be purchased using a quick view functionality and you don’t want to sell the products individually on separate product pages, in this case you can exclude that particular product pages from sitemap indexation.
- Go to Products -> Catalog -> Edit Product -> WeltPixel Options -> Exclude from Sitemap -> Yes
c. Exclude from sitemap particular Category Pages you do not want indexed in search engines
Go to Products -> Categories -> Select Category -> WeltPixel Options -> Exclude from Sitemap -> Yes
This option is useful when you want to exclude certain Category Pages from sitemap. Ex: You may want to include in sitemap only level 2 categories and exclude level 1 categories in order for clients to land on a more segmented category.
- Go to Products -> Categories -> Select Category -> WeltPixel Options -> Exclude from Sitemap -> Yes
d. Add custom URL to sitemap
By default magneto doesn’t add to sitemap custom url that may be still relevant to your business, for example a html page presenting your product. Ex: Weltpixel Cleo Theme is presenation of one of our products but is not included in default Magento sitemap.
By using Google XML custom sitemap URL functionality we’ll be able to add also this link to our dynamically generated sitemap.
Go to WeltPixel -> Sitemap -> Add New Url
- URL - Insert link without base url, ex: /cleo and the link in your sitemap will be www.yourbaseurl.com/cleo
- Updated at - set the time and date when this page was last updated
- Store View - Select in what store view to insert this custom URL in sitemap
- Change Frequency - How frequently the page is likely to change. This value provides general information to search engines
- Priority - The priority of the URL relative to other URLs on your site. Valid values range from 0.0 to 1.0
- Woohoo, the sitemap is configured!
|Compatibility||Magento Open Source, Magento Commerce, Magento Commerce Cloud B2B|
|Magento version||2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3.0, 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, 2.3.4|
|Updates cost||Free lifetime updates|
|Update frequency||Monthly or each time a new Magento version is released|
|Support period||1 Month Free Support, with options to extend|
|Refund period||30 days, for any reason|
|Updated||February 5, 2020|
|Code||100% Open Source Code|
|Bundle options||For best value buy it as part of the Pearl Theme or Stack Framework|
What’s new in v.1.9.4 - February 5, 2020
- Code enhancements for increased security. Changed User Group info collection method.
- Confirmed compatibility for Magento 2.3.4.
What’s new in v.1.9.2 - November 27, 2019
- Added Magento and PHP version in the WeltPixel Developer section.
What’s new in v.1.9.1 - October 16, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility with the latst Magento 2.3.3 version.
- Included the WeSupply Toolbox integration extension - Proactive Notifications Email & SMS, Returns & RMA, Store Locator, Delivery Date Estimate, Logistics Analytics, NPS & CSAT score. Get Free on-boarding and launch within 24 hours.
What’s new in v.1.9.0 - July 18, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility with Magento 2.3.2.
- Added HTTPS endpoint for licensing process.
What’s new in v.1.8.5 - June 7, 2019
- Small performance improvements.
What’s new in v.1.8.4 - April 25, 2019
- Added PHP version in the WeltPixel Developer Section.
What’s new in v.1.8.3 - April 3rd, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility for Magento 2.3.1.
What’s new in v.1.8.2 - January 24, 2019
- Helpcenter adjustment, removed zendesk iframe and added a simple link to our Support Center in order to avoid any potential conflicts with other admin js added by 3rd party extensions.
- Fix for multiple rewritten ImageFactory classes, rewrite check validity, rewrite checks optimizations.
What’s new in v.1.8.0 - December 8, 2018
- Fixed missing change_frequency bug from latest Magento 2.2.x versions.
- Compatibility adjustments for Magento 2.1.16/2.2.7/2.3.0.
- PHP 7.2 compatibility added.
- As Magento 2.3 comes with major core changes, we have provided a different set of files in order to achieve the best performance on each version.
What’s new in v.1.7.5 - October 24, 2018
- Added detailed error messages for invalid licenses for an easier identification of the cause.
- License improvements, added *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain for Enterprise Cloud environments. Now both ‘magentosite.cloud’ and ‘magneto.cloud’ can be used for testing purpose with the production domain license.
What’s new in v.1.7.4 - September 25, 2018
- Admin menu styling to fit screen size 1366px.
- Fix for production mode with merged JS - missing color pallet display now fixed
What’s new in v.1.7.3 - August 23, 2018
- License improvements, adding *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain.
What’s new in v.1.7.2 - August 2, 2018
- Fixed admin random logout issue.
- Licensing improvements, allowing 3 letter domain as valid domain.
What's new in v.1.7.1 - July 11, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 both Open Source & Commerce Cloud B2B.
- Added domain.test & [any_subdomain].domain.test to the list of valid urls for staging/development environments. Added domain validation with port number included for licensing purpose.
- Added licensing compatibility with Magento B2B.
What’s new in v.1.7.0 - July 5, 2018
- Added option to enable/disable WeltPixel admin notifications.
- Show store and server related information under debugging tab: Magento Mode, Magento Edition, Server User, Magento Installation Path, Current server time, Latest cron jobs.
- Added licensing, license key needs to be generated under weltpixel.com account for purchased product, based on domain name and added under your magento installation.
What’s new in v.1.6.4 - May 16, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.4, logger broken reference fix, changed to rewrite from plugin.
What’s new in version 1.6.0 - March 1st, 2018
Changing sitemap attribute to ‘not required’ for categories and products in order to avoid catalog integration with external systems like ERPs.
What’s new in v.1.5.8 - January 12, 2018
- Added version control for installed WeltPixel modules, including latest version check.
What’s new in v.1.5.7 - December 14, 2017
- Added Support Center functionality in Magento Admin.
- Added Debugger functionality, checks for rewrites and points potential issues.
Admin module name changes.
What’s new in version 1.5.3 - September 20, 2017
- Table prefix error fix.
- Menu and ACL restructuring.
- Magento Enterprise column name change fix.
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2 function type compilation fix.
Fix for product, category default exclude sitemap, update try catch.
What’s new in version 1.0.3 - May 16, 2017
Added translations files under /i18n/en_US.csv.
What’s new in v.1.0.2 - March 11, 2017
- Fixed table prefix error
What’s new in v.1.0.0 - 01/19/2017
- Initial release