Magento 2 Instagram Feed Widget.
Explore More Magento Instagram Feed Examples.View Demo
About the Instagram Feed Widget for Magento 2.
Social network influence has become incredibly big nowadays and has spread all over, including sales. Being one of the most popular social networking services ever, Instagram is what you need to have on your store to take the relationship with your customers to a new level.
If you are using Magento 2 for your Ecommerce site, and you want to add new products just by taking a photo of them and uploading those photos to Instagram, this extension fits you perfectly.
This Extension provides the possibility to display an Instagram image feed on Category Pages, Homepages, Product Pages or other CMS pages.
With our Instagram Feed Widget for Magento 2, you can easily integrate this service into your store to get closer to your customers.
This widget comes with an extended list of options compared to other widgets: you can select the background color of widget container in order to fit your page from the Magento admin. You can also select the number of pictures you want to display per row and the maximum number of displayed pictures. Pictures can be sorted and ordered by a lot of criteria like most recent, most liked, most commented and so on. Picture resolution is available in 3 formats: Thumbnail, Low resolution and Standard Resolution. Pictures can be displayed by user. The multitude of options will allow you to customise the widget and its content to fit your business needs.
Features of the Extension.
- Insanely 1 min easy setup compared with other Instagram/Facebook integrations. Only add your instagram User, no other authorization hassle.
- Display Instagram feed - on your web page, display the Instagram feed according to user account.
- Select number of images - possibility to select the maximum number of the images you want to add.
- Add title - option to add a Title.
- Add description - option to add a Description.
- Images per row - possibility to change the images per Row from 2 - 6.
- Set order - option of sorting the images in a set order.
- Alt Text - add Alt Text to images in the feed for SEO purposes. Original Instagram Alt Tags can be used, or a custom value can be set.
- Lazy Loading - load images from the Instagram Feed via Lazy Loading for better performance (requires the Lazy Load Products and Images extension).
- Image size - you can change the resolution of the Instagram images (thumbnail/low resolution/standard resolution).
1 MINUTE INSTALLATION GUI.
Before installing please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.4.0. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Copy the installation GUI folder 'weltpixel-extension-installation' in the root of your Magento installation. In some Magento configurations the public root folder may be under 'pub' directory.
In your browser go to www.yourmagentostore.com/weltpixel-extension-installation/ and simply follow the installation steps from the graphical interface, presented in your browser. See the installation video: 1 Minute Module Installation via browser GUI.
Wooohooo! The extension is now installed on your Magento store! Congrats!
If you experienced any issues or limitations with this quick GUI installation, see also SSH Installation below. SSH installation does the same thing but you are required to issue the commands step by step via CLI. Some servers may have high security configurations and may limit the functionality of this GUI Installer.
How to Install via SSH.
Before installing the Magento 2 Instagram Feed Widget on your store, please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.4.0. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to the paths of your Magento 2 instance listed below. If the ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Access the root of your Magento 2 project from the command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_InstagramWidget --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
Woohoo, the extension is installed!
How to Upgrade the extension.
- Step 1. Remove extension code under app/code/WeltPixel/InstagramWidget before adding the new extension files. The extension may be refactored and old unused files may cause random issues so it's best to only keep the latest version of the files.
- Step 2. Follow normal installation instructions above.
How to Add an Instagram Feed to Your Magento Store?
Head to Content > Pages or Content > Blocks. From here, the steps are the same for Pages or for Blocks. Edit the page or block content.
Click on the Insert Widget button, select the WeltPixel Instagram Widget and configure the Widget Options.
How to Set Up Your Instagram Feed Widget in Magento?
The Magento 2 Instagram Feed Widget is a simple way to add Instagram photos to your site. Setting up the widget is quite easy.
- Title - Insert a title for the widget.
- Description - Insert a short description.
- Container Background Color - Select the color that you want to use as a background for the widget.
- Open Images in New Tab - Choose whether or not to open the image in a new tab when clicked on.
- Images Per Row - Select from 2-6 images that you want to have on an single row.
- Images Should Have Padding - Choose whether or not to insert padding between the images.
- Add ALT text for image - Choose whether or not to generate Alt text for images in the feed. You can use Alt Tags as they come from Instagram, or add a custom value.
- Enable Lazy Image Load - Choose whether or not to load images in the feed via Lazy Loading (requires the Lazy Load Products and Images extension).
- Optimize Image Layout - This option will take your Instagram pictures that have random ratios and find the best match to showcase them in your web page while keeping the same picture ratio and not adding any white spaces. For this option to work, you'll need to set the resolution of your images below to Original Image Size.
- Limit - Set the maximum number of images to be added.
Resolution - Size of the images displayed. The available options are:
- Original Image Size. Works in conjunction with the Optimize Image Layout option.
- Feed Type - You can choose between User and Tag.
- User Name - User Name of the user whose images you want to use.
- Tag Name - Images tagged with the tag you set here will be displayed on your feed.
|Compatibility||Magento Open Source, Magento Commerce, Magento Commerce Cloud B2B|
|Magento version||2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4.0|
|Updates cost||Free lifetime updates|
|Update frequency||Monthly or each time a new Magento version is released|
|Support period||1 Month Free Support, with options to extend|
|Refund period||30 days, for any reason|
|Updated||August 11, 2020|
|Code||100% Open Source Code|
|Bundle options||For best value buy it as part of the Pearl Theme or Stack Framework|
What’s new in v.1.10.0 - August 10, 2020
- Confirmed compatibility with the newly released Magento 2.4.0 version.
What’s new in v.1.9.8 - July 6, 2020
- Whitelisted domain for Content Security Policies introduced in Magento 2.3.5.
What’s new in v.1.9.7 - May 7, 2020
- New feature - Implemented Lazy Loading for Instagram Feed images (requires the Lazy Loading extension).
- New feature - Implemented the ability to add Alt Text to images in the feed.
- Added a fallback value for Alt value in case Instagram Widgets do not have an Alt tag.
- Confirmed compatibility with Magento 2.3.5.
- Implemented small Backend performance optimizations.
- Added nxcli.net (Nexcess temporary URL) as a valid domain in the licensing process.
- Added an option in the Developer section to allow for switching Magento's CSP between "report-only" and "restrict".
What’s new in v.1.9.6 - April 9, 2020
- Fixed a Backend issue on Magento Commerce whereby the Category Schedule functionality was not working properly.
What’s new in v.1.9.5 - March 10, 2020
- Added a new functionality which allows for using alt tags for Instagram images.
- Added new translations.
- Added backend Google reCaptcha compatibility for Magento 2.3.x
What’s new in v.1.9.4 - February 5, 2020
- Code enhancements for increased security. Changed User Group info collection method.
- Confirmed compatibility for Magento 2.3.4.
What’s new in v.1.9.2 - November 27, 2019
- Added Magento and PHP version in the WeltPixel Developer section.
What’s new in v.1.9.1 - October 16, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility with the latst Magento 2.3.3 version.
- Included the WeSupply Toolbox integration extension - Proactive Notifications Email & SMS, Returns & RMA, Store Locator, Delivery Date Estimate, Logistics Analytics, NPS & CSAT score. Get Free on-boarding and launch within 24 hours.
What’s new in v.1.9.0 - July 18, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility with Magento 2.3.2.
- Added HTTPS endpoint for licensing process.
What’s new in v.1.8.5 - June 7, 2019
- Small performance improvements.
What’s new in v.1.8.4 - April 25, 2019
- Added PHP version in the WeltPixel Developer Section.
What’s new in v.1.8.3 - April 3rd, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility for Magento 2.3.1.
What’s new in v.1.8.2 - January 24, 2019
- Deprecated Tag and Location types removed.
- CSS adjustments for centered title.
- Documentation improvements.
- Helpcenter adjustment, removed zendesk iframe and added a simple link to our Support Center in order to avoid any potential conflicts with other admin js added by 3rd party extensions.
- Fix for multiple rewritten ImageFactory classes, rewrite check validity, rewrite checks optimizations.
What’s new in v.1.8.0 - December 8, 2018
- Compatibility adjustments for Magento 2.1.16/2.2.7/2.3.0.
- PHP 7.2 compatibility added.
- As Magento 2.3 comes with major core changes, we have provided a different set of files in order to achieve the best performance on each version.
What’s new in v.1.7.5 - October 24, 2018
- Added detailed error messages for invalid licenses for an easier identification of the cause.
- License improvements, added *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain for Enterprise Cloud environments. Now both ‘magentosite.cloud’ and ‘magneto.cloud’ can be used for testing purpose with the production domain license.
What’s new in v.1.7.4 - September 25, 2018
- Admin menu styling to fit screen size 1366px.
- Fix for production mode with merged JS - missing color pallet display now fixed.
What’s new in v.1.7.3 - August 23, 2018
- License improvements, adding *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain.
What’s new in v.1.7.2 - August 2, 2018
- Fixed admin random logout issue.
- Licensing improvements, allowing 3 letter domain as valid domain.
What’s new in v.1.7.1 - July 12, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 both Open Source & Commerce Cloud B2B.
- Added domain.test & [any_subdomain].domain.test to the list of valid urls for staging/development environments. Added domain validation with port number included for licensing purpose.
- Added licensing compatibility with Magento B2B.
What’s new in v.1.7.0 - July 5, 2018
- Added option to enable/disable WeltPixel admin notifications.
- Show store and server related information under debugging tab: Magento Mode, Magento Edition, Server User, Magento Installation Path, Current server time, Latest cron jobs.
- Added licensing, license key needs to be generated under weltpixel.com account for purchased product, based on domain name and added under your magento installation.
What’s new in v.1.6.4 - May 16, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.4, logger broken reference fix, changed to rewrite from plugin.
- System log broken reference error fixes.
- Added optimized display layout for instagram pictures of various sizes, including image padding.
- Added 'open in new tab' Instagram image option.
- Added version control for installed WeltPixel modules, including latest version check.
What’s new in v.1.5.7 - December 14, 2017
- Added Support Center functionality in Magento Admin.
- Added Debugger functionality, checks for rewrites and points potential issues.
What’s new in v.1.5.3 - September 20, 2017
- Checked compatibility with Magento 2.2 and PHP7.1 - all ok, updated composer.
What’s new in version 1.0.2 - May 16, 2017
Added translations files under /i18n/en_US.csv.
What’s new in v.1.0.1 - 12/10/2016
Composer dependency version changes
What’s new in v.1.0.0 - 16/09/2016
- Initial release