Magento 2 Ajax Search Autocomplete.
Search Autocomplete is fully integrated into Pearl with a fresh new design. (Pearl Only)
ABOUT MAGENTO 2 AJAX AUTOCOMPLETE SEARCH EXTENSION.Why is this important? how does it help?
This Magento 2 search autocomplete extension helps customers find the right products so you can reduce friction and increase conversion!
The search bar is the starting point. Put yourself in the customer’s shoes and think about how you browse the internet. Whether it’s Google or an eCommerce website, the search functionality is crucial. Ask yourself, “How many times have I browsed Amazon or eBay to find a product I needed?” And, “How many times have I used the search bar to find exactly what I need?”
Customers can only purchase the products they need and want if they can find them! If your customers can’t quickly find the right products they are likely to leave and shop somewhere else. Don’t let bad store search ruin the user experience.
Did you know that search can reach a usage rate of more than 60%? Also, those same customers using search have a 2x to 3x higher conversion rate. If you’d like to test your own stats, look no further than your Google Analytics account. Behavior > Site Search > Search Terms. We think you’ll agree that your Magento store needs a great extension.
The site search process is an important feature to evaluate and improve! Effective sites guide customers as they are typing and re-formulating their search queries. These as-you-type search suggestions are here to help users save time by finding and correcting misspells.
The Ajax Search Autocomplete Magento Extension uses autosuggestion to help guide customers into recalling certain names and popular terms. By suggesting these search ideas you are giving ideas to help them construct more useful queries. This advanced search also allows quick access to the product suggested.
Autocomplete takes the autosuggest feature even further - enhancing the experience by visually displaying the most relevant products and pages. This reduces friction and takes the customer directly to the page they are looking for.
- Our Magento 2 autocomplete search increases conversion rate and reduces friction. This extension helps users find what they are looking for by returning real time results as they type in the search box. Finding the right products significantly increases conversion and user retention.
- Fully customizable, you can include custom CSS in the search header and footer. This is a great space to advertise any promotions or call-to-action messages, right in the search results container!
- Customers can’t buy what they can’t find. Make it easy on them before someone else does! Our Magento Ajax Search and Autocomplete Extension makes it easy for you to offer your customers an effortless experience.
Features of the Extension.
- Show relevant search results as user types in the search box.
- Full design control over design of the search results container.
- Show Product Results, Popular Suggestions or both.
- Set the minimum number of characters to activate the ajax search.
- Show/hide product image in search results.
- Control over product image size.
- Show/hide product description in search results.
- Show/hide product price in search results.
- Customize displayed texts.
- Custom CSS/HTML for container header and footer.
- Rich frontend options and color options.
- Clean open source code.
- Easy installation.
1 MINUTE INSTALLATION GUI.
Before installing please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.4.0. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Copy the installation GUI folder 'weltpixel-extension-installation' in the root of your Magento installation. In some Magento configurations the public root folder may be under 'pub' directory.
In your browser go to www.yourmagentostore.com/weltpixel-extension-installation/ and simply follow the installation steps from the graphical interface, presented in your browser. See the installation video: 1 Minute Module Installation via browser GUI.
Wooohooo! The extension is now installed on your Magento store! Congrats!
If you experienced any issues or limitations with this quick GUI installation, see also SSH Installation below. SSH installation does the same thing but you are required to issue the commands step by step via CLI. Some servers may have high security configurations and may limit the functionality of this GUI Installer.
How to Install via SSH.
Before installing Ajax Search and Autocomplete on a Magento 2 store please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.x - 2.4.0. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Access the root of your magento 2 project from command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_SearchAutoComplete --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
Woohoo, the extension is installed!
How to Upgrade the extension.
- Step 1. Remove extension code under app/code/WeltPixel/SearchAutoComplete before adding the new extension files. The extension may be refactored and old unused files may cause random issues so it's best to only keep the latest version of the files.
- Step 2. Follow normal installation instructions above.
How to Configure Ajax Search Autocomplete in Magento?
Go to WeltPixel > Ajax Search Autocomplete > General Settings
- Enable Ajax Search and set this option to [ Yes ].
This section offers full control over product search results dispayed by ajax search box.
- Enable Product Search and set this option to [ Yes ]. If enabled, ajax search will return products matching the search term in the search dropdown pannel.
- Minimum number of characters to search - set the minimum number of characters which customers should enter to trigger autocomplete. Example: 3
- Maximum number of items displayed - set the maximum number of items displayed in the dropdown list. Example: 7
- Show product image [Yes / No] - show/Hide the product image in the dropdown results list.
- Width of the product image - set the width for the products images in the dropdown results list [pixels]. Example: 80
- Show Product Description - show/Hide product description in the dropdown results list.
- Maximum number of words for the description - set te maximum number of words displayed for product description in the dropdown results list. Example: 10
- Show product price - show/hide product price in the dropdown results list, if a promotion is enabled, the discounted price will show here. Once the promotion is over, the normal price will show.
- Custom text when no results - set your custom text to be displayed if there is no search results. Example: Sorry, no results were found.
- Header custom CSS/HTML - insert custom header text to be displayed in the dropdown results list. You can also insert CSS/HTML for design adjustments of product search header section.
- Footer custom CSS/HTML - insert custom footer text to be displayed in the dropdown results list. You can also insert CSS/HTML for design adjustments of product search footer section. Note: Sample footer custom CSS uses image located under SearchAutoComplete/view/frontend/web/images/img-footer.svg, if needed you can use any other images from your server.
Go to WeltPixel > Ajax Search Autocomplete > Popular Suggestions Settings
- Enable Popular Sugestions and set this option to [ Yes ]. - this is default magento popular sugestions functionality. You can choose to use this functionality along with the ajax search or simply disable it.
How to Configure Frontend Settings for Ajax Search Autocomplete in Magento?
Go to WeltPixel > Ajax Search Autosuggest > Frontend Settings
- Width of results container - Set the width of the results container [pixels]. Example: 250
- Show Product Divider - Show/Hide Product Divider.
Functionality control for Category, Search and Advanced Search Page. When your store is integrated with external search solutions you may need to disable ajax for search pages in order to achieve default magento behaviour and therefore achieve full compatibility with other solutions.
- Search container background color - Set color for search container, example #FFFFFF
- Container Text Color - Set color for product results text in search container, Example #000000
- Title Background Color - Set background color for search container titles like Product Results, Popular Suggestions, Example: #F0EFF0
- Title Color - Set text color for search container titles like Product Results, Popular Suggestions, Example: #000000
|Compatibility||Magento Open Source, Magento Commerce, Magento Commerce Cloud B2B|
|Magento version||2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4.0|
|Updates cost||Free lifetime updates|
|Update frequency||Monthly or each time a new Magento version is released|
|Support period||1 Month Free Support, with options to extend|
|Refund period||30 days, for any reason|
|Updated||August 11, 2020|
|Code||100% Open Source Code|
|Bundle options||For best value buy it as part of the Pearl Theme or Stack Framework|
What’s new in v.1.10.0 - August 10, 2020
- Confirmed compatibility with the newly released Magento 2.4.0 version.
What’s new in v.1.9.8 - July 6, 2020
- Added performance enhancements for large catalogs. Suggestions are now displayed faster than previously.
- Whitelisted domain for Content Security Policies introduced in Magento 2.3.5.
What’s new in v.1.9.7 - May 7, 2020
- Confirmed compatibility with Magento 2.3.5.
- Implemented small Backend performance optimizations.
- Added nxcli.net (Nexcess temporary URL) as a valid domain in the licensing process.
- Added an option in the Developer section to allow for switching Magento's CSP between "report-only" and "restrict".
What’s new in v.1.9.5 - March 10, 2020
- Added an admin note for Maximum Number of Items Displayed.
- Added backend Google reCaptcha compatibility for Magento 2.3.x
What’s new in v.1.9.4 - February 5, 2020
- Code enhancements for increased security. Changed User Group info collection method.
- Confirmed compatibility for Magento 2.3.4.
What’s new in v.1.9.2 - November 27, 2019
- Added Magento and PHP version in the WeltPixel Developer section.
What’s new in v.1.9.1 - October 16, 2019
- Fixed an issue whereby the search_query and num_results DB tables were not updated with query results upon initiating a search
- Confirmed compatibility with the latst Magento 2.3.3 version.
- Included the WeSupply Toolbox integration extension - Proactive Notifications Email & SMS, Returns & RMA, Store Locator, Delivery Date Estimate, Logistics Analytics, NPS & CSAT score. Get Free on-boarding and launch within 24 hours.
What’s new in v.1.9.0 - July 18, 2019
- Implemented font optimizations for increased performance.
- Confirmed compatibility with Magento 2.3.2.
- Added HTTPS endpoint for licensing process.
What’s new in v.1.8.5 - June 7, 2019
- Fixed an issue in which the "No Suggestions Found" text was clickable and would initiate a search when clicked on.
- Fixed a bug which prevented closing the Search V1 popup if a search was not initiated.
- Search V2 CSS adjustments.
- Small performance improvements.
What’s new in v.1.8.4 - April 25, 2019
- Removed "No Categories Found" message when no Categories were found while searching.
- CSS adjustments.
- Added PHP version in the WeltPixel Developer Section.
What’s new in v.1.8.3 - April 3rd, 2019
- Added a new functionality which allows for categories to be included in search results - the extension will now search for categories as well as products.
- Confirmed compatibility for Magento 2.3.1.
What’s new in v.1.8.2 - January 24, 2019
- UX improvements.
- Helpcenter adjustment, removed zendesk iframe and added a simple link to our Support Center in order to avoid any potential conflicts with other admin js added by 3rd party extensions.
- Fix for multiple rewritten ImageFactory classes, rewrite check validity, rewrite checks optimizations.
What’s new in v.1.8.0 - December 8, 2018
- Compatibility adjustments for Magento 2.1.16/2.2.7/2.3.0.
- PHP 7.2 compatibility added.
- As Magento 2.3 comes with major core changes, we have provided a different set of files in order to achieve the best performance on each version.
What’s new in v.1.7.5 - October 24, 2018
- Added detailed error messages for invalid licenses for an easier identification of the cause.
- License improvements, added *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain for Enterprise Cloud environments. Now both ‘magentosite.cloud’ and ‘magneto.cloud’ can be used for testing purpose with the production domain license.
What’s new in v.1.7.4 - September 25, 2018
- Admin menu styling to fit screen size 1366px.
- Fix for production mode with merged JS - missing color pallet display now fixed.
What’s new in v.1.7.3 - August 23, 2018
- License improvements, adding *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain.
- Fixed bug, search was not working after closing and searching the same word again.
What’s new in v.1.7.2 - August 2, 2018
- Added link also on image thumbnail in search results.
- Fixed admin random logout issue.
- Licensing improvements, allowing 3 letter domain as valid domain.
What's new in v.1.7.1 - July 11, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 both Open Source & Commerce Cloud B2B.
- Added domain.test & [any_subdomain].domain.test to the list of valid urls for staging/development environments. Added domain validation with port number included for licensing purpose.
- Added licensing compatibility with Magento B2B.
What’s new in v.1.7.0 - July 5, 2018
- Removed extra declaration that generated compilation error on Magento 2.1.x.
- Fixed store input not working after using search auto complete.
- Adjusted description word count shown in quick results based on admin settings.
- Added option to enable/disable WeltPixel admin notifications.
- Show store and server related information under debugging tab: Magento Mode, Magento Edition, Server User, Magento Installation Path, Current server time, Latest cron jobs.
- Added licensing, license key needs to be generated under weltpixel.com account for purchased product, based on domain name and added under your magento installation.
What’s new in v.1.6.4 - May 16, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.4, logger broken reference fix, changed to rewrite from plugin.
- Design compatibility with Search V2 from Pearl Theme, added horizontal ajax results view.
What’s new in v.1.6.2 - March 23, 2018
- Fixed continuous loader issue after min characters removal.
- Fixed search results placeholder size when no product image is used.
- Added suggestion click redirect for suggested results.
What’s new in v.1.0 - March 1st, 2018
- Initial release