Version 1 Design desktop and mobile
Page level display control Homepage / All pages
Time delay display control
Display after visited number of pages
Show only on desktop or both desktop/mobile
GDPR signup compliance
Version 2 Design desktop and mobile
Version 3 Design desktop and mobile
Version 4 Design desktop and mobile
One click integration with Google Tag Manager
Possibility to use a different popup design on mobile vs desktop
Detect exit intent and show popup
Multistep signup process
Trigger popup with button on demand
1 Minute Installation GUI
1 Months included Support
How to Install the Extension:
Before installing Newsletter Popup for Magento 2 store please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.3.0. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Access the root of your magento 2 project from command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_MobileDetect --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Newsletter --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
Woohoo, the extension is installed!
ENABLE NEWSLETTER POPUP.
- Enable Newsletter [All Pages / Just Home Page] - enable newsletter module
- Display Mode [Yes / No] - If this option is set to 'Just Home Page - the popup will show up only on homepage after meeting the vizibility conditions setup in the options below. If this option is set to ‘All pages’ - the popup will shop up on any page type once the vizibility conditions are met.
- Display on mobile [Yes / No] - If this option is set to No, newsletter will only show up on desktop devices.
Go to Admin > Store > Configuration > WeltPixel > Newsletter
CONFIGURE POPUP BEHAVIOUR.
- Display after visited pages [number of pages] - To show the newsletter popup on the landing page use 0 in this field. Popup will show up after the visited number of pages specified in this field.
- Wait this seconds to display [number of seconds] - The popup will be displayed after this number of seconds on the page.
- Displayed Static Block - select the weltpixel_newsletter static block. You can edit this block to make design adjustments, add social media links, GDPR link, etc.
- Popup Lifetime [number of days] - Lifetime of the popup. Select the number of days to pass after the the popup is disabled, before the popup will show up again for the same user.
- Disable newsletter pop-up - Based on this action, the popup is closed, disabled and not opened again until the Popup Lifetime period expires.
Go to Admin > Store > Configuration > WeltPixel > Newsletter
SETUP GDPR COMPLIANCE.
- Enable terms and condition consent [Yes / No] - If you enable this option, the terms and conditions added in the option below will show up in Newsletter Popup.
Terms and Condition text/link - Here is an example of link pointing to your own terms and conditions.
- Terms and Condition checkbox mandatory [Yes / No] - You can make the terms and conditions mandatory before user is able to signup to newsletter.
How to configure the multistep experience
The first step is often used to enhance the customer’s need for a discount or offer without asking anything at this point in return.
This step has a very simple and direct message. The design can be kept simple and clean.
The second step focuses on gathering the data that you need. This step will contain the newsletter subscription form along with GDPR compliance message.
The multistep experience is essential when testing conversion rate optimization.
- To enable the multistep experience, simply select the Two Steps option under Signup Steps.
- You will now have options to configure the label for each button or if you would like it enabled or disabled.
- WeltPixel Newsletter V2 Step 1 -> will represent the first step without a newsletter subscribe form.
- WeltPixel Newsletter V2 Form -> will represent the step that contains the newsletter subscribe form, also in a single step experience this will be the block that you would like to customize.
The content is easily customizable, for each step, simply go to: Content -> Blocks and search for Newsletter
Depending on your design you will have two blocks for each step. For example:
In this example, we've used design Version 2. If you're using a different design Version, make sure you search for the block that corresponds to it.
How to enable the exit intent popup
To enable the exit intent popup, simply go to:
Newsletter Settings -> Exit Intent -> Enable Exit Intent -> Yes
The customization options are very similar to the newsletter popup. Select which design option you would like, behaviour, design and styling as well as user experience.
You can select if you would like the user's experience to be single or multistep. The content can be fully customized for every design in the Content -> Block section by simply searching for the weltpixel_exitintent_newsletter identifier.
Same as for the newsletter popup, you will have two blocks for each design; here, you can fully customize the content of your blocks.
How to enable Google Tag Manager Tracking
- Simply go to WeltPixel -> Newsletter Settings -> Enable Google Tag Manager Tracking -> Yes
Then head to WeltPixel -> Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce Pro -> Sign in to Google -> click Setup Variables, Triggers, and Tags.
Analyzing your data is a must in optimizing the conversion rate of your newsletter popup or exit intent. The amount of subscribers that you can have can vary even more then 100% based on the timing, design and CTA that you have.
This feature will allow you to track event impressions and event successful signups.
To enable GTM tracking, installation and setup of Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce PRO Extension is required prior to this configuration. You'll need to use the PRO version of the extension as the free version of Enhanced Ecommerce GTM does not include this functionality.
This action will create the all the tags and triggers necessary.
Now go to your Google Tag Manager dashboard, and under Tags and Triggers you will find all the tags and triggers newly created.
Now that all your tags are created, click on the Publish button in the top right hand side corner.
After a few days of data collection, you will be able to see a detailed report in Google Analytics by going to Behavior -> Top Events -> search for Newsletter Popup or Exit Intent.
For more information on Enhanced Ecommerce GTM configuration, please follow the instructions on the GTM user guide, in order to set up your Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics Account.
How to enable newsletter trigger button
The trigger button will allow your customers to initiate the popup box based on their needs, without disturbing their experience. To enable this behaviour go to:
WeltPixel -> Newsletter Settings -> General -> Enable Newsletter Popup Trigger Button -> select Yes.
Below you will find all the options to customize the text of the button, the color of the text as well as the background.
On the frontend of your website, you will find a button on the right hand side, which when clicked opens the newsletter popup with the design and configuration already selected.
What’s new in v.1.8.0 - December 8, 2018
- Compatibility adjustments for Magento 2.1.16/2.2.7/2.3.0.
- PHP 7.2 compatibility added.
- As Magento 2.3 comes with major core changes, we have provided a different set of files in order to achieve the best performance on each version.
What’s new in v.1.7.5 - October 24, 2018
- Fixed EscapeHtmlAttr issue, compatibility with Magento 2.1.15.
- Added detailed error messages for invalid licenses for an easier identification of the cause.
- License improvements, adding *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain for Enterprise Cloud environments. Now both ‘magentosite.cloud’ and ‘magneto.cloud’ can be used for testing purpose with the production domain license.
What’s new in v.1.7.4 - September 25, 2018
- Added design version 2, 3, 4.
- Added option to detect exit intent and shop popup.
- Added integration with Google Tag Manager.
- Added multistep signup process.
- Aadded possibility to trigger the popup with a custom button.
What’s new in v.1.7.3 - August 22, 2018
- Initial release.