Magento 2 CMS Block Scheduler and Targeting.
ABOUT THE MAGENTO 2 CMS BLOCK SCHEDULER EXTENSION.
The Magento 2 CMS Scheduler Extension is a powerful solution to manage and target content displayed to customers. The best part? It’s as easy as a few clicks. By using our extension you will enhance default functionality of Magento CMS blocks.
Schedule and target the visibility of blocks, banners, promotions, & events ahead of time. Big sale launching at midnight? No need to stay up late to change the banner, you can simply set it ahead of time. You gain full control and automation over all visible static blocks on the front end.
This extension for Magento does a whole lot more. It provides relevant content for visitors by targeting customer groups and automatically displaying call-to-action content for assigned time intervals. Providing relevant targeted content will undoubtedly lead to a significant increase of your conversion rate and this extension provides you just the right tools to achieve that.
It also helps you to plan promotions ahead of time. First prepare all necessary homepage banners, category page promotions, and cart call-to-action content. Then simply schedule the promo-based content visibility for the specific date and time. Don’t worry about blocks being visible after the sale ends - the extension makes sure the blocks are disabled on time.
The extension features auto enable and disable - blocks will become visible when the promotion starts and disappear when it’s over! Target your customers and show customized content blocks based on their assigned customer group. You can also give product or purchase recommendations and add “motivation” campaigns to encourage customers to purchase. Custom block content can be that final nudge to convert right at the moment of buying!
Schedule the store in advance to look and feel different for each customer group, promotion, event, or period of the year. You can base this on Date & Time, Customer Group, and Store View scheduling. Each block can be tagged and assigned to a customer group, promotion, or period of the year for easy filtering and control.
Magento admin panel is where the magic happens. From here you can schedule visibility for each CMS block, as well as when, where, and to whom it is displayed. Once you enable extended options such as Date Range, Customer Group, and Tags, they will become visible in all CMS block forms. By enabling Date Range control, new fields 'Valid From:' and 'Valid To:' will be activated in CMS block forms. By filling in the valid interval you control the when this block will be visible in store-front. By enabling Customer Group control, a new multi-select field 'Customer Group' will be activated in CMS block forms. By selecting customer groups you control frontend visibility for selected groups. Options can be combined in order to offer enhanced flexibility for custom content control. By enabling Tags, a new field named 'Tag' will be activated for CMS blocks. Tags name can be pre defined with promotion names, or any custom name, and assigned to each block for easy filtering.
The Magento 2 CMS Block Scheduler Extension works right out of the box! Simply install it to automatically activate Date Range, Customer Group, and Tag control for blocks. If you wish to use only specific scheduler features you can go to extension options and activate just the ones that you need in the scheduling process.
The CMS Block Scheduler and Targeting is optimized to be fully compatible with Magento Full Page Cache (FPC) and Varnish Cache
FEATURES OF THE CMS BLOCK SCHEDULER EXTENSION.
- Control when you display the content - control time interval when the CMS blocks will be displayed to your customers.
- Display relevant content to your visitors - target your audience & display the blocks to a specific Customer Group.
- Filter through hundreds of CMS blocks easily by using our tagging system, group blocks to each promotion or event.
- Fully compatible with Magento Full Page Cache and Varnish Cache.
- No coding needed.
- Quality code, respects Magento best practice.
- Easy installation & setup.
1 MINUTE INSTALLATION GUI.
Before installing please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.3.4. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Copy the installation GUI folder 'weltpixel-extension-installation' in the root of your Magento installation. In some Magento configurations the public root folder may be under 'pub' directory.
In your browser go to www.yourmagentostore.com/weltpixel-extension-installation/ and simply follow the installation steps from the graphical interface, presented in your browser. See the installation video: 1 Minute Module Installation via browser GUI.
Wooohooo! The extension is now installed on your Magento store! Congrats!
If you experienced any issues or limitations with this quick GUI installation, see also SSH Installation below. SSH installation does the same thing but you are required to issue the commands step by step via CLI. Some servers may have high security configurations and may limit the functionality of this GUI Installer.
How to Install via SSH.
Before installing CMS Block Scheduler on a Magento 2 store please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.1.x - 2.3.4. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Access the root of your magento 2 project from command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_CmsBlockScheduler --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
Woohoo, the extension is installed!
How to Upgrade the extension.
- Step 1. Remove extension code under app/code/WeltPixel/CmsBlockScheduler before adding the new extension files. The extension may be refactored and old unused files may cause random issues so it's best to only keep the latest version of the files.
- Step 2. Follow normal installation instructions above.
How to Configure the CMS Block Scheduler in Magento?
Go to Admin ->WeltPixel -> CMS Block Scheduler
Enable the scheduler options you want to use:
- Enable Tag [Yes / No] - Enable tags for CMS Blocks and Widgets, this will allow to add a tag to each block or widget, link it to a promotion or event and easily find it when necessary.
- Enable Data Range [Yes / No] Enable Data Range - lets you set the time interval when the CMS Block will be displayed
- Enable Customer Group [Yes / No] Enable Customer Group - lets you select to which customer group to display a specific CMS block.
Note: Once above features are activated, scheduling will be available under CMS Blocks options.
How to Manage Tags for CMS Block Scheduler in Magento?
Go to Admin ->WeltPixel -> CMS Block scheduler -> Manage Tags
This tab allows you to define the Tags to be assigned to CMS Blocks or Widgets. You can group them by promotions, period of the year or any relevant tagging system that will allow you to find and schedule all blocks associated to a specific event.
Add a new Tag by clicking the button Add New Tag
Type the name of the Tag which can be used for tagging CMS Blocks or Widgets. By pre-defining the tag names, and assigning the tags from a dropdown selector you will avoid typo errors while using the tagging system.
How to Configure Widget Settings in Magento?
The tagging system can also be used for the widgets from your store, not only for CMS Blocks.
- In Admin -> Content -> Widget select the widget to be Tagged and select from a tag previously created in 'Manage Tags' section of the extension.
How to Edit CMS Blocks Settings in Magento?
- Go to Admin -> Content -> Blocks and click Edit
- Valid From Set start date to display the block
- Valid To Set end date to display the block
- Customer Group Set to which customer group to display the block
- Tag Set a Tag to the block. Tag needs to be previousely created in the Manage Tags section.
How to Filter Widgets and Blocks Using Tags in Magento?
- Tags can be set to all Blocks & Widgets.
- The list of Tags can be found in Admin ->WeltPixel -> Manage Tags
- The Tags can be filtered by ID number, identify the tag id under WeltPixel > CMS Block Scheduler > Manage Tags
- Filter blocks & widgets by Tag ID number and you will be able to find all Blocks and widgets associated with that specific tag.
|Compatibility||Magento Open Source, Magento Commerce, Magento Commerce Cloud B2B|
|Magento version||2.1, 2.2, 2.3.0, 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, 2.3.4|
|Updates cost||Free lifetime updates|
|Update frequency||Monthly or each time a new Magento version is released|
|Support period||1 Month Free Support, with options to extend|
|Refund period||30 days, for any reason|
|Updated||April 9, 2020|
|Code||100% Open Source Code|
|Bundle options||For best value buy it as part of the Pearl Theme or Stack Framework|
What’s new in v.1.9.6 - April 9, 2020
- Fixed a Backend issue on Magento Commerce whereby the Category Schedule functionality was not working properly.
What’s new in v.1.9.5 - March 10, 2020
- Added backend Google reCaptcha compatibility for Magento 2.3.x
What’s new in v.1.9.4 - February 5, 2020
- Fixed an error that occurred when trying to Save and Duplicate blocks via the Magento Admin.
- Code enhancements for increased security. Changed User Group info collection method.
- Confirmed compatibility for Magento 2.3.4.
What’s new in v.1.9.2 - November 27, 2019
- Fixed an bug related to the Target Customer Group functionality. This is now working correctly.
- Optimized extension to be fully compatible with Magento Full Page Cache and Varnish Cache.
- Added Magento and PHP version in the WeltPixel Developer section.
What’s new in v.1.9.1 - October 16, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility with the latst Magento 2.3.3 version.
- Included the WeSupply Toolbox integration extension - Proactive Notifications Email & SMS, Returns & RMA, Store Locator, Delivery Date Estimate, Logistics Analytics, NPS & CSAT score. Get Free on-boarding and launch within 24 hours.
What’s new in v.1.9.0 - July 18, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility with Magento 2.3.2.
- Added HTTPS endpoint for licensing process.
What’s new in v.1.8.5 - June 7, 2019
- Small performance improvements.
What’s new in v.1.8.4 - April 25, 2019
- Added PHP version in the WeltPixel Developer Section.
What’s new in v.1.8.3 - April 3rd, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility for Magento 2.3.1.
What’s new in v.1.8.2 - January 24, 2019
- Helpcenter adjustment, removed zendesk iframe and added a simple link to our Support Center in order to avoid any potential conflicts with other admin js added by 3rd party extensions.
- Fix for multiple rewritten ImageFactory classes, rewrite check validity, rewrite checks optimizations.
What’s new in v.1.8.0 - December 8, 2018
- Compatibility adjustments for Magento 2.1.16/2.2.7/2.3.0.
- PHP 7.2 compatibility added.
- As Magento 2.3 comes with major core changes, we have provided a different set of files in order to achieve the best performance on each version.
What’s new in v.1.7.5 - October 24, 2018
- Added detailed error messages for invalid licenses for an easier identification of the cause.
- License improvements, added *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain for Enterprise Cloud environments. Now both ‘magentosite.cloud’ and ‘magneto.cloud’ can be used for testing purpose with the production domain license.
What’s new in v.1.7.4 - September 25, 2018
- Admin menu styling to fit screen size 1366px.
- Fix for production mode with merged JS - missing color pallet display now fixed.
What’s new in v.1.7.3 - August 23, 2018
- Fix for customer groups admin save error in CMS bocks.
- License improvements, adding *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain.
What’s new in v.1.7.2 - August 2, 2018
- Fixed admin random logout issue.
- Licensing improvements, allowing 3 letter domain as valid domain.
What's new in v.1.7.1 - July 11, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 both Open Source & Commerce Cloud B2B.
- Added domain.test & [any_subdomain].domain.test to the list of valid urls for staging/development environments. Added domain validation with port number included for licensing purpose.
- Added licensing compatibility with Magento B2B.
What’s new in v.1.7.0 - July 5, 2018
- Added option to enable/disable WeltPixel admin notifications.
- Show store and server related information under debugging tab: Magento Mode, Magento Edition, Server User, Magento Installation Path, Current server time, Latest cron jobs.
- Added licensing, license key needs to be generated under weltpixel.com account for purchased product, based on domain name and added under your magento installation.
What’s new in v.1.2.3 - May 16, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.4, logger broken reference fix, changed to rewrite from plugin.
What’s new in v.1.2.2 - January 12, 2018
- Added version control for installed WeltPixel modules, including latest version check.
What’s new in v.1.2.1 - December 14, 2017
- Added Support Center functionality in Magento Admin.
- Added Debugger functionality, checks for rewrites and points potential issues.
What’s new in v.1.1.0 - October 9, 2017
- Added compatibility with Magento 2.1 & Magento 2.2
- Added compatibility with Pearl Theme and WeltPixel extensions.
- Documentation improvements.
- Code refactoring, extension name changed, the extension is not compatible anymore with Magento 2.0.x version, only 2.1 and above. For Magento 2.0.x compatibility, version older versions should be used.
What’s new in v.1.0.2 - 10/10/2016
- Composer dependency version changes
What’s new in v.1.0.1 - 05/07/2016
- Removing the unnecessary dependency