Magento 2 CMS Block Scheduler and Targeting.
About CMS BLOCK SCHEDULER AND TARGETING for Magento 2.
This extension for Magento 2 is a powerful solution to manage, display and target the content displayed to customers with only a couple of clicks. By using this extension you will enhance and extend default functionality of Magento CMS blocks and you will be able to schedule and target ahead of time visibility of blocks, banners, promotions and events, or any content visibility you need automated.
Use this extension to provide relevant content for your visitors, automatically display 'call to action' content for specific date & time interval, target customer groups with relevant content for each group. Plan ahead each promotion for your store, create in advance all necessary homepage banners, category page promotions, cart 'call to action' motivation content and schedule promo content visibility for the time promotion is activated. Don't worry about promo content being visible after the promotion has ended, blocks visibility will automatically disable when your promotions are over. Providing relevant targeted content will undoubtedly lead to a significant increase of your conversion rate and this extension provides you just the right tools to achieve that.
Custom blocks of your choice can auto enable and become visible when the promotion starts and auto disable when the promotion ends. You will be able to target your customers and show customized content based on the Customer Group they are part from, give product / purchase recommendation, add “motivation” campaigns, encourage customers to purchase with relevant custom block content, right at the moment of buying.
Your store can be scheduled in advance to look and feel different for each customer group, promotion, event or period of the year based on Date & Time, Customer Group and Store View scheduling. Each block can be tagged and assigned to a promotion, customer group or period of the year for easily filtering and control.
Magento admin panel is the place where you schedule visibility for each CMS block, when and where it is displayed in store front and to whom is displayed. Once you enable extended options: Date Range, Customer Group and Tags, they will be visible in all CMS block forms. By enabling Date Range control, new fields 'Valid From:' and 'Valid To:' will be activated in CMS block forms, by filling in the valid interval you control the when this block will be visible in store-front; By enabling Customer Group control, new multiselect field 'Customer Group' will be activated in CMS block forms, by selecting customer groups you control frontend visibility of the block only for selected group(s); Options can be combined in order to offer enhanced flexibility for custom content control. By enabling Tags a new field named 'Tag' will be activated for CMS blocks. Tags name can be pre-defined with promotion names, or any custom name, and assigned to each block for easy filtering.
Extension works out of the box, just install it and Date Range, Customer Group and Tag control for blocks will be activated by default. If you wish to use only specific scheduler features you can easily go to extension options and activate only the features that you need in the scheduling process.
Features of the Extension.
- Control when you display the content - control time interval when the CMS blocks will be displayed to your customers
- Display relevant content to your visitors - control to whom you display the content - target your audience and display the blocks to a specific Customer Group
- Filter through hundreds of CMS blocks easily by using our tagging system, group blocks to each promotion or event
- No coding needed.
- Quality code, respects magento best practice
- Easy installation and setup
How to Install the Extension:
Before installing CMS Block Scheduler Targeting on a Magento 2 store please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.1.x - 2.2.5 It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Access the root of your magento 2 project from command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_CmsBlockScheduler --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
Woohoo, the extension is installed!
Go to Admin ->WeltPixel -> CMS Block Scheduler
Enable the scheduler options you want to use:
- Enable Tag [Yes / No] - Enable tags for CMS Blocks and Widgets, this will allow to add a tag to each block or widget, link it to a promotion or event and easily find it when necessary.
- Enable Data Range [Yes / No] Enable Data Range - lets you set the time interval when the CMS Block will be displayed
- Enable Customer Group [Yes / No] Enable Customer Group - lets you select to which customer group to display a specific CMS block.
Note: Once above features are activated, scheduling will be available under CMS Blocks options.
Go to Admin ->WeltPixel -> CMS Block scheduler -> Manage Tags
This tab allows you to define the Tags to be assigned to CMS Blocks or Widgets. You can group them by promotions, period of the year or any relevant tagging system that will allow you to find and schedule all blocks associated to a specific event.
Add a new Tag by clicking the button Add New Tag
Type the name of the Tag which can be used for tagging CMS Blocks or Widgets. By pre-defining the tag names, and assigning the tags from a dropdown selector you will avoid typo errors while using the tagging system.
The tagging system can also be used for the widgets from your store, not only for CMS Blocks.
- In Admin -> Content -> Widget select the widget to be Tagged and select from a tag previously created in 'Manage Tags' section of the extension.
CMS Blocks settings.
- Go to Admin -> Content -> Blocks and click Edit
- Valid From Set start date to display the block
- Valid To Set end date to display the block
- Customer Group Set to which customer group to display the block
- Tag Set a Tag to the block. Tag needs to be previousely created in the Manage Tags section.
Filter widget and blocks using tags.
- Tags can be set to all Blocks & Widgets.
- The list of Tags can be found in Admin ->WeltPixel -> Manage Tags
- The Tags can be filtered by ID number, identify the tag id under WeltPixel > CMS Block Scheduler > Manage Tags
- Filter blocks & widgets by Tag ID number and you will be able to find all Blocks and widgets associated with that specific tag.
What’s new in v.1.7.2 - August 2, 2018
- Fixed admin random logout issue.
- Licensing improvements, allowing 3 letter domain as valid domain.
What's new in v.1.7.1 - July 11, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.5 both Open Source & Commerce Cloud B2B.
- Added domain.test & [any_subdomain].domain.test to the list of valid urls for staging/development environments. Added domain validation with port number included for licensing purpose.
- Added licensing compatibility with Magento B2B.
What’s new in v.1.7.0 - July 5, 2018
- Added option to enable/disable WeltPixel admin notifications.
- Show store and server related information under debugging tab: Magento Mode, Magento Edition, Server User, Magento Installation Path, Current server time, Latest cron jobs.
- Added licensing, license key needs to be generated under weltpixel.com account for purchased product, based on domain name and added under your magento installation.
What’s new in v.1.2.3 - May 16, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.4, logger broken reference fix, changed to rewrite from plugin.
What’s new in v.1.2.2 - January 12, 2018
- Added version control for installed WeltPixel modules, including latest version check.
What’s new in v.1.2.1 - December 14, 2017
- Added Support Center functionality in Magento Admin.
- Added Debugger functionality, checks for rewrites and points potential issues.
What’s new in v.1.1.0 - October 9, 2017
- Added compatibility with Magento 2.1 & Magento 2.2
- Added compatibility with Pearl Theme and WeltPixel extensions.
- Documentation improvements.
- Code refactoring, extension name changed, the extension is not compatible anymore with Magento 2.0.x version, only 2.1 and above. For Magento 2.0.x compatibility, version older versions should be used.
What’s new in v.1.0.2 - 10/10/2016
- Composer dependency version changes
What’s new in v.1.0.1 - 05/07/2016
- Removing the unnecessary dependency