Magento 2 Email Template Editor with Gmail markup support.
ABOUT MAGENTO 2 EMAIL TEMPLATE EDITOR.
Powerful Magento Email Template Editor with Gmail markup support. Fully responsive emails, rich design options to fully customize your transactional emails with a few clicks.
Your Magento Store is sending often emails to your customers that contain highly important information regarding their account creation, account password (forgot password), order confirmation and updates to credit memo.
These emails should always reflect detailed information, instructions, links and should closely align with your brand massaging, design and personality.
Carefully crafted emails will differentiate yourself from your competitors. The information and the way you communicate will also generate trust in your brand and a high level of customer engagement. Highly informative emails will decrease customer requests regarding their orders or their account, resulting in lower demand on Customer Service and higher Customer Satisfaction Rate.
We took Magento Emails a step further by integrating it with Gmail Markups to further increase user engagement with the appropriate actions directly in their inbox or search results.
Gmail Markups help you highlight your emails with important information and increase user engagement with interactive buttons in Gmail Inbox.
Email with Markups will appear in Google Search Results when the user searches for information about their orders.
Features of the Extension.
• Display Action Buttons in Inbox by Gmail
- Reset Password
- Sign In
- Confirm Email
- Create and Reset Password
- View Wishlist
• Display View Order Buttons in Inbox by Gmail
- New Order
- Credit Memo
- Order Updates
• Email Template Editor for All Emails
- Ability to change Text Colors, Backgrounds, Link Colors and Font
- Custom CMS Block insert widget
- Social Media Icons
- Include Dynamic Category Navigation into Email
- Google Font Support
- Email Button Editor
- Custom Dark and Light Logo
• Ability to send Test Emails
• Ability to customize the first line in the email for better engagement
How to Install the Extension.
Before installing the extension on a Magento 2 store please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.x - 2.2.4 It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
app/code/WeltPixel/Backend ( download Backend from HERE if missing)
Access the root of your magento 2 project from command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_EnhancedEmail --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
Woohoo, the extension is installed!
How To use the Extension.
In order to configure your email templates there are a few steps to be completed, described in detail in below sections. A short summary of the steps:
- Step 1: Set your store email addresses
- Step 2: Set your store information
- Step 3: Enable Enhanced Email Extension and start configuring
- Step 4: Setup each email template
- Step 5: Assign your templates for each email
- Step 6: Submit to Gmail, for Mark-ups (optional)
Step 1: Store Email Address.
Configure Store Store Email Address. Go to Admin -> Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> General -> Store Email Addresses and fill in the fields with your store details.
If you have already set this up, you can skip this step, else, make sure that you have configured the correct email addresses.
Step 2: Store Information.
Configure Store information. Go to Admin -> Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> General -> General -> Store Information and fill in the fields with your store details.
Step 3: Enable the Enhanced Email extension.
Go to WeltPixel -> Email Template Editor -> General Settings.
Here you will have the options to:
- Enable the extension (yes/no)
- Enable Product imagens in Template (yes/no) - > this will show product images in sales order, invoice and credit memo emails.
- Upload Light Logo -> in all email templates the default logo used is the light logo, make sure at least that one is uploaded
- Logo width and Height -> we suggest around 150 (px) x 70 (px)
- Further down you can setup the dark logo as well. This logo is not inserted by default into any template, however you can simply insert it anywhere using as a variable. The dark logo becomes valuable if your email template is using a secondary logo in the footer.
- Email Header Options: make sure you have a good contrast between your logo and the background color
- Email Footer Option: here you can determin the background color of the footer
- Top Menu: in case you inserted the menu into the header template (it is added to all WeltPixel custom emails by default) you can set the menu background color as well as the color of each menu link and some passing.
- Configure Fonts: our extension offers the possibility to configure each font (h1 to h3 as well as paragraph) by color, weight, size, style, height and spacing.
Google Font – you can set the primary font that loads to be a Google font and the fallback to be a websafe font.
Here are the email clients where Google Fonts is supported:
- AOL Mail
- Native Android mail app (not Gmail app)
- Apple Mail
- iOS Mail
- Outlook 2000
- Outlook.com app
Social Section Setup -> go to Content -> Blocks and search for -> weltpixel_social_media_email_block
Returns Section Setup -> go to Content -> Blocks and search for -> weltpixel_custom_block_returns
You can insert any other block into any email by using our variable:
Step 4: Setup Each Email Template.
This is probably the best time to customize a bit your emails as well (stores owners often forget to do this step) and introduce a bit of language that aligns with your brand and personality. By default, the extension creates predefined templates that you can start using or customize per you needs.
Load Template (optional)
In case you wish to create additional templates started from sample WeltPixel email templates, you can find default list under WeltPixel Enhance Email section.
Subject Lines and Name
Make sure you are maximizing the email Click-Thru-Rate by making your subject lines catchy
Email First Liner
The first line of an email often shows up in the email clients such as Gmail. Making sure that this area is optimized for engagement is a Must if you want your emails to stand out! Don’t be shy! The catchier the better!
Customize the content
Adding a personal touch to each email, the design is important but even more is the way you communicate with your customers.
Email First Liner
When you are ready, make sure that you test your emails! There is nothing more embarrassing then sending out bad looking emails.
Header and Footer
Getting started with the header and footer might be the best place to start. Simply load the templates from under the WeltPixel section. For the Header and Footer you should just simply customize them (if needed) and save them with a unique name. No need to add first liner or anything else. Those elements are specific for each email.
By default the Gmail markups are already added to all weltpixel templates. However if you have your own templates and you just want to add the Gmail Markups to them we got you covered! Simply go to any transactional email and click on the Insert Variable button. Based on each email type, you will have the option to add the appropriate markup. If you do not see a markup named for example: “WeltPixel ….. Markup” for the email template that you have, that means that Gmail will not support it.
Gmail Markup approval process is described in the SUBMIT TO GMAIL section, at a later step.
Step 5: Assign your templates for each email.
Now that you have finalized your Header, Footer and each Template, it’s the time to assign the correct email template to the communication.
Header and FooterThese can be defined by storeview:
Store -> Content -> Design -> Configuration -> [Select Store] -> Transactional Emails
- Select Header template
- Select Footer template
Now let’s setup all transactional emails
Store -> Configuration -> Sales -> Sales Email
In this section you will be able to setup the following emails for your customers and guests:
- New Order
- Order Comment
- Invoice Comment
- Shipment Comment
- Credit Memo
- Credit Memo Comment
Configuration -> Customers -> Newsletter
Here you will be able to configure the template for email subscription confirmation as well as for the tragical event when a customer unsubscribes
If your Wish List functionality is enabled then you can set the template below:
Store -> Configuration -> Customers -> Wish List
Configuration -> Customers -> Customer Configuration
Here you will be able to setup the Welcome and Forgot Password related emails.
Submit To GMAIL.
You will need to register your email address with Google in order for the Gmail Markup to show.
Please follow these steps to get registered: https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/registering-with-google
WeltPixel is not responsible for your account Approval or Denial.
What’s new in v.1.6.4 - May 16, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.4, logger broken reference fix, changed to rewrite from plugin.
- Remove hardcoded font family from paragraph tag.
- Load configurable product image in email templates if simple product image is not configured.
- Image uploader optimization, unused images are removed from server.
- Template sample data generation with module installation.
What’s new in v.1.0.0 - April 12, 2018
- Initial release