Smart Magento 2 Custom Product Page Tabs.
ABOUT SMART MAGENTO 2 CUSTOM PRODUCT TABS EXTENSION.
Deliver an excellent browsing experience to your customers with dynamic, custom blocks (new tabs on the product page). Our Smart extension is based on product attribute sets, which gives you total targeting control over the content.
This Magento 2 product custom tabs extension gives you full control over your product page tabs and their dynamic content. You can configure product tabs to display custom content based on product attribute value using specific static blocks. No need to touch any code!
Default Magento doesn't give you proper control over your product tabs and corresponding content, making product page content customization extremely limited. Smart Product Tabs allows you to show new tabs, based on the value of dropdown attributes. You can create Smart Tabs directly from Magento admin. The tabs containing the specific block will display on the front end as a new tab when visibility conditions are met.
This will help to dynamically show specific product information only for certain products. This can be based on material, size-chart, country of manufacture, man/woman, price, promotion, product features, and more. Applicability of the Magento 2 product tabs is wide. Custom tabs can be adapted to any business model in order to increase store usability.
FEATURES OF THE SMART PRODUCT TABS MODULE.
- Display relevant content - optimize customer experience with content based on product type and attribute values.
- Increase conversions - use rich relevant descriptions to win your customers over.
- Reduce return rate - help buyers find the best product for them using specific relevant information.
- Reduce bounce rate - describe the product better on the product detail page to minimize bounce.
- Rich product description - use smart static blocks to create rich descriptions for your products.
- Save page space - use the smart tabs for a clean aesthetic.
- Increase store usability - help users engage with your store.
- Easy to use - no coding needed.
1 MINUTE INSTALLATION GUI.
Before installing please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.4.1. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Copy the installation GUI folder 'weltpixel-extension-installation' in the root of your Magento installation. In some Magento configurations the public root folder may be under 'pub' directory.
In your browser go to www.yourmagentostore.com/weltpixel-extension-installation/ and simply follow the installation steps from the graphical interface, presented in your browser. See the installation video: 1 Minute Module Installation via browser GUI.
Wooohooo! The extension is now installed on your Magento store! Congrats!
If you experienced any issues or limitations with this quick GUI installation, see also SSH Installation below. SSH installation does the same thing but you are required to issue the commands step by step via CLI. Some servers may have high security configurations and may limit the functionality of this GUI Installer.
How to Install via SSH.
Before installing Smart Product Tabs Extension on a Magento2 store please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.4.1. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Access the root of your magento 2 project from command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_SmartProductTabs --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
Woohoo, the extension is installed!
How to Upgrade the extension.
- Step 1. Remove extension code under app/code/WeltPixel/SmartProductTabs before adding the new extension files. The extension may be refactored and old unused files may cause random issues so it's best to only keep the latest version of the files.
- Step 2. Follow normal installation instructions above.
Configuring the Smart Custom Product Tabs Extension.
How to Start Setting Up Smart Custom Product Tabs in Magento?
Smart Product Tabs works only with "Dropdown" product attributes.
You can use one of your already created attributes (dropdown), or you can create a new dropdown attribute in Admin > Stores > Attributes > Products.
Important: Please note that configuration in next steps depend on the attribute code which is CASE SENSITIVE. You will need the attribute code to configure the smart block name. Using the wrong attribute code (typo, capital letter instead of small leter, etc) will result in tabs not showing in your product page.
How to Assign New Attributes to the Correct Product Attribute Set in Magento?
- If you created a new dropdown attribute, you'll have to assign it to the product attribute set used by the product before this attribute will be visible in product details.
- To assign the new attribute to a product Attribute Set go to Admin > Stores > Attribute Set menu and add the new attribute to your Attribute Set
- Later, at step 6 you'll may need to assign the Attribute Set to the product where you want to use Smart Tabs if not assigned already.
Where to Find Newly Created Attributes in Magento When Setting Up Product Tabs?
The new created Attribute can be found in Unassigned Attributes.
To assign the attribute just drag and drop it in Attribute Set Groups.
The attribute will be available only for products using this attribute set. If necessary you can add the attribute to multiple attribute sets.
How to Activate & Set Smart Custom Product Tabs in Magento?
Go to Admin > WeltPixel > Smart Products tab menu, activate the extension and set your smart tabs.
You can insert up to 3 new tabs to be displayed in the product page based on dropdown attribute configuration. From this settings you can define the smart tab name (visible in product page) and the attribute that controls delivery of relevant content for each particular smart tab.
From this settings you can define the smart tab name (visible in product page) and the attribute that controls delivery of relevant content for each particular smart tab.
How to Create Blocks for Attributes in Magento?
Go to Admin > Content > Blocks and create blocks for each option of the attributes. Block identifier name must have the following syntax:smartproducttabs_attributecode_option
Example 1, where attribute code is 'color' and attribute option is 'blue', smart block name will be: 'smartproducttabs_color_blue'
Example 2, where attribute code is 'material' and attribute option is 'cotton', smart block name will be: 'smartproducttabs_material_cotton'
Example 3, where attribute code is 'manufacturer' and attribute option is 'United States', smart block name will be: 'smartproducttabs_manufacturer_United-States'
- Keep smartproducttabs_ prefix unchanged.
- Replace attributecode with your attribute code.
- Replace option with option of the attribute.
- If an option has words separated by spaces, replace the spaces with - (minus) sign.
! Troubleshooting Smart Tabs not showing in product page:
#1 Using wrong prefix smartproducttab_ instead of smartproducttabs_ will lead to tab not showing in product page. Please check if you are using the correct prefix.
#2 Attribute code and option are CASE SENSITIVE. Double check for typo, capital letter instead of small leter, etc.
#3 Make sure you selected an attribute option for the product you are checking smart tab functionality.
#4 Do not insert underscore between the prefix, the attribute and the attribute option.
How to Set Attribute Options to Products in Magento?
Go to Admin > Catalog > Products > Edit Product and set the attribute option for each product. The corresponding block created at Step 3 will show up on product page.
If no attribute option is selected, smart block will not show for that specific product. Once an attribute option is selected, if there is a block created corresponding with selected attribute code and option (as described in Step 3) -> smart block will show up on product page.
Why Won't My Smart Custom Product Tabs Show Up?
Clear all store caches.
Reindex product catalog if necessary, check here How to reindex your Magento 2 store
Go to your store frontend and check the results.
|Compatibility||Magento Open Source, Magento Commerce, Magento Commerce Cloud B2B|
|Magento version||2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4.0, 2.4.1|
|Updates cost||Free lifetime updates|
|Update frequency||Monthly or each time a new Magento version is released|
|Support period||1 Month Free Support, with options to extend|
|Refund period||30 days, for any reason|
|Updated||October 22, 2020|
|Code||100% Open Source Code|
|Bundle options||For best value buy it as part of the Pearl Theme or Stack Framework|
What’s new in v.1.10.1 - October 22, 2020
- Confirmed compatibility with the newly released Magento 2.4.1 version.
What’s new in v.1.10.0 - August 10, 2020
- Confirmed compatibility with the newly released Magento 2.4.0 version.
What’s new in v.1.9.8 - July 6, 2020
- Whitelisted domain for Content Security Policies introduced in Magento 2.3.5.
What’s new in v.1.9.7 - May 7, 2020
- Confirmed compatibility with Magento 2.3.5.
- Implemented small Backend performance optimizations.
- Added nxcli.net (Nexcess temporary URL) as a valid domain in the licensing process.
- Added an option in the Developer section to allow for switching Magento's CSP between "report-only" and "restrict".
What’s new in v.1.9.6 - April 9, 2020
- Fixed a Backend issue on Magento Commerce whereby the Category Schedule functionality was not working properly.
What’s new in v.1.9.5 - March 10, 2020
- Added backend Google reCaptcha compatibility for Magento 2.3.x
What’s new in v.1.9.4 - February 5, 2020
- Code enhancements for increased security. Changed User Group info collection method.
- Confirmed compatibility for Magento 2.3.4.
What’s new in v.1.9.2 - November 27, 2019
- Added Magento and PHP version in the WeltPixel Developer section.
What’s new in v.1.9.1 - October 16, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility with the latst Magento 2.3.3 version.
- Included the WeSupply Toolbox integration extension - Proactive Notifications Email & SMS, Returns & RMA, Store Locator, Delivery Date Estimate, Logistics Analytics, NPS & CSAT score. Get Free on-boarding and launch within 24 hours.
What’s new in v.1.9.0 - July 18, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility with Magento 2.3.2.
- Added HTTPS endpoint for licensing process.
What’s new in v.1.8.5 - June 7, 2019
- Small performance improvements.
What’s new in v.1.8.4 - April 25, 2019
- Added PHP version in the WeltPixel Developer Section.
What’s new in v.1.8.3 - April 3rd, 2019
- Confirmed compatibility for Magento 2.3.1.
What’s new in v.1.8.2 - January 24, 2019
- Helpcenter adjustment, removed Zendesk iframe and added a simple link to our Support Center in order to avoid any potential conflicts with other admin js added by 3rd party extensions.
- Fix for multiple rewritten ImageFactory classes, rewrite check validity, rewrite checks optimizations.
What’s new in v.1.8.0 - December 8, 2018
- Compatibility adjustments for Magento 2.1.16/2.2.7/2.3.0.
- PHP 7.2 compatibility added.
- As Magento 2.3 comes with major core changes, we have provided a different set of files in order to achieve the best performance on each version.
What’s new in v.1.7.5 - October 24, 2018
- Added detailed error messages for invalid licenses for an easier identification of the cause.
- License improvements, added *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain for Enterprise Cloud environments. Now both ‘magentosite.cloud’ and ‘magneto.cloud’ can be used for testing purpose with the production domain license.
What’s new in v.1.7.4 - September 25, 2018
- Admin menu styling to fit screen size 1366px.
- Fix for production mode with merged JS - missing color pallet display now fixed.
What’s new in v.1.7.3 - August 23, 2018
- License improvements, adding *.magento.cloud as a valid test domain.
What’s new in v.1.7.2 - August 2, 2018
- Fixed admin random logout issue.
- Licensing improvements, allowing 3 letter domain as valid domain.
What’s new in v.1.7.0 - July 5, 2018
- Added option to enable/disable WeltPixel admin notifications.
- Show store and server related information under debugging tab: Magento Mode, Magento Edition, Server User, Magento Installation Path, Current server time, Latest cron jobs.
- Added licensing, license key needs to be generated under weltpixel.com account for purchased product, based on domain name and added under your magento installation.
What’s new in v.1.6.4 - May 16, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.4, logger broken reference fix, changed to rewrite from plugin.
What’s new in version 1.6.0 - March 1st, 2018
Store-view optimisation, possibility to configure Smart Product tabs attributes on store view level.
What’s new in v.1.5.8 - January 12, 2018
- Added version control for installed WeltPixel modules, including latest version check.
What’s new in v.1.5.7 - December 14, 2017
- Added Support Center functionality in Magento Admin.
- Added Debugger functionality, checks for rewrites and points potential issues.
- Admin module name changes.
What’s new in v.1.5.3 - September 20, 2017
- Checked compatibility with Magento 2.2 and PHP7.1 - all ok, updated composer.
What’s new in version 1.0.2 - May 16, 2017
- Added translations files under /i18n/en_US.csv.
What’s new in v.1.0.1 - 10/10/2016
- Composer dependency version changes
What’s new in v.1.0.0 - 08/09/2016
- Initial release