Magento 2 Smart Product Tabs.
About SMART PRODUCT TABS FOR MAGENTO 2.
Deliver excellent browsing experience for your customers by dynamically showing custom blocks (new tabs on product page) based on product attribute options.
This extension for Magento 2 gives you custom control over your product page tabs and their dynamic content. You can configure product tabs to display custom content based on product attribute value using specific static blocks, without the need to touch any code.
Default Magento doesn't give you proper control over your product tabs and corresponding content, making product page content customisation extremely limited. Smart Product Tabs allows you to show new tabs, based on the value of dropdown attributes. You can create Smart Tabs directly from Magento admin and when visibility conditions are met, the tabs containing the specific block will be displayed in frontend as a new tab on product page.
This will help to dynamically show specific product information only for certain products, based on material, size-chart, country of manufacture, man/woman, price, promotion, product features etc... Applicability of this functionality is wide, can be adapted to any business model in order to increase store usability.
Features of the Extension.
- Display relevant content - display relevant content to customer based on product type and attribute values
- Increase conversions - use rich relevant descriptions and improve conversions
- Reduce return rate - help buyers find the best product for them using specific relevant information
- Reduce bounce rate - describe the product better and reduce bounce rate
- Rich product description - use smart static blocks to create rich descriptions for your products
- Save page space - use the smart tabs and save page space
- Increase store usability - help users engage with your store
- Easy to use - no coding needed
How to Install the Extension:
Before installing Smart Product Tabs Extension on a Magento2 store please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions 2.0.X. - 2.2.5. It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
Access the root of your magento 2 project from command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_SmartProductTabs --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
Woohoo, the extension is installed!
HOW TO USE THE EXTENSION
Smart Product Tabs works only with "Dropdown" product attributes.
You can use one of your already created attributes (dropdown), or you can create a new dropdown attribute in Admin > Stores > Attributes > Products.
! Important: Please note that configuration in next steps depend on the attribute code which is CASE SENSITIVE. You will need the attribute code to configure the smart block name. Using the wrong attribute code (typo, capital letter instead of small leter, etc) will result in tabs not showing in your product page.
- If you created a new dropdown attribute, you'll have to assign it to the product attribute set used by the product before this attribute will be visible in product details.
- To assign the new attribute to a product Attribute Set go to Admin > Stores > Attribute Set menu and add the new attribute to your Attribute Set
- Later, at step 6 you'll may need to assign the Attribute Set to the product where you want to use Smart Tabs if not assigned already.
The new created Attribute can be found in Unassigned Attributes.
To assign the attribute just drag and drop it in Attribute Set Groups.
! The attribute will be available only for products using this attribute set. If necessary you can add the attribute to multiple attribute sets.
Go to Admin > WeltPixel > Smart Products tab menu, activate the extension and set your smart tabs.
You can insert up to 3 new tabs to be displayed in the product page based on dropdown attribute configuration. From this settings you can define the smart tab name (visible in product page) and the attribute that controls delivery of relevant content for each particular smart tab.
From this settings you can define the smart tab name (visible in product page) and the attribute that controls delivery of relevant content for each particular smart tab.
Go to Admin > Content > Blocks and create blocks for each option of the attributes. Block identifier name must have the following syntax:smartproducttabs_attributecode_option
Example 1, where attribute code is 'color' and attribute option is 'blue', smart block name will be: 'smartproducttabs_color_blue'
Example 2, where attribute code is 'material' and attribute option is 'cotton', smart block name will be: 'smartproducttabs_material_cotton'
Example 3, where attribute code is 'manufacturer' and attribute option is 'United States', smart block name will be: 'smartproducttabs_manufacturer_United-States'
- Keep smartproducttabs_ prefix unchanged.
- Replace attributecode with your attribute code.
- Replace option with option of the attribute.
- If an option has words separated by spaces, replace the spaces with - (minus) sign.
! Troubleshooting Smart Tabs not showing in product page:
#1 Using wrong prefix smartproducttab_ instead of smartproducttabs_ will lead to tab not showing in product page. Please check if you are using the correct prefix.
#2 Attribute code and option are CASE SENSITIVE. Double check for typo, capital letter instead of small leter, etc.
#3 Make sure you selected an attribute option for the product you are checking smart tab functionality.
#4 Do not insert underscore between the prefix, the attribute and the attribute option.
Go to Admin > Catalog > Products > Edit Product and set the attribute option for each product. The corresponding block created at Step 3 will show up on product page.
If no attribute option is selected, smart block will not show for that specific product. Once an attribute option is selected, if there is a block created corresponding with selected attribute code and option (as described in Step 3) -> smart block will show up on product page.
Clear all store caches.
Reindex product catalog if necessary, check here How to reindex your Magento 2 store
Go to your store frontend and check the results.
What’s new in v.1.7.2 - August 2, 2018
- Fixed admin random logout issue.
- Licensing improvements, allowing 3 letter domain as valid domain.
What’s new in v.1.7.0 - July 5, 2018
- Added option to enable/disable WeltPixel admin notifications.
- Show store and server related information under debugging tab: Magento Mode, Magento Edition, Server User, Magento Installation Path, Current server time, Latest cron jobs.
- Added licensing, license key needs to be generated under weltpixel.com account for purchased product, based on domain name and added under your magento installation.
What’s new in v.1.6.4 - May 16, 2018
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.4, logger broken reference fix, changed to rewrite from plugin.
What’s new in version 1.6.0 - March 1st, 2018
Store-view optimisation, possibility to configure Smart Product tabs attributes on store view level.
What’s new in v.1.5.8 - January 12, 2018
- Added version control for installed WeltPixel modules, including latest version check.
What’s new in v.1.5.7 - December 14, 2017
- Added Support Center functionality in Magento Admin.
- Added Debugger functionality, checks for rewrites and points potential issues.
- Admin module name changes.
What’s new in v.1.5.3 - September 20, 2017
- Checked compatibility with Magento 2.2 and PHP7.1 - all ok, updated composer.
What’s new in version 1.0.2 - May 16, 2017
- Added translations files under /i18n/en_US.csv.
What’s new in v.1.0.1 - 10/10/2016
- Composer dependency version changes
What’s new in v.1.0.0 - 08/09/2016
- Initial release